View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 01:22 AM   #70
Jeff
Rating: Awesome

Current Game: SWTOR
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Notable contributor LFN Staff Member 
Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Avery View Post
It looks SO much like Fallout 3...

Watched my friend's brother play F3 today while skimming through their gaming magazines on the subject and it just gives me Bethesda flashbacks.

It looks... too much like Fallout 3. I know it has its style, but this honestly looks more like another DLC expansion pack instead of a full game. The dead stiff talking, dead and uninviting landscapes, quickly aging graphics, reusing a ton of models it looks like...

I hate Bethesda as a developer. Just throwing that out there. I respect their ability to make a large map to explore, but they are appalling programmers, animators, writers... everything. They are like a jack of all trades of bad with a single shining ace of map building.

I dunno, maybe since Oblivion is doing the writing and, hopefully, fixing the engine it may be more worth an investment than Fallout 3 was but these pics, at least, aren't making me hopeful. Me and my friends spent an hour yesterday just watching his brother utterly break the game engine over and over and over again and he was using the latest patch.
Appalling enough to have two of their games in the top ten on PC Gamer's list of top 100 PC games of all time!

Also, we get that you hate Bethesda, but don't make up things about their games please. Gamebryo is just as solid as the next game engine. I know there are a lot of videos of bugs on YouTube, but in my 30+ hours of playing I never ran into anything game-breaking with the GotY edition (which is just the original game packed with the DLC). It's perfectly fine if you're not looking for ways to glitch it.

Follow me on Twitter
Follow StarWarsMMO.net on Twitter | Like us on Facebook
Jeff is offline   you may: quote & reply,