View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:09 AM   #51
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
Is anyone else noticing the inappopriateness of the ball for powered long shots?!!

Seriously, adidas should stop trying to renivent the ball every four years. FIFA should poll the players/leagues which ball they most enjoy using and go with that. Of course - there's probably a multi billion dollar contract between FIFA and adidas that would put a dampener on such a common sense idea

Quote:
Argentina vs Nigeria >> Worst coach or not, I personally would expect to see the Argies prevail, maybe 2-0

England vs USA >> I don't think this will be the walkover expected by some section of the British media, I'll go for 1-1
Great work J7!! You must have one of those Back To The Future Sports Almanacs

Here's my predictions for Day3! It would be good to get one right for a change......

DAY 3

SERBIA v GHANA: 1-1
GERMANY v AUSTRALIA: 2-0
NETHERLANDS v DENMARK: 2-0

If any of you folks are on Twitter, there are a few celebs that seem to be keen on the world cup and comment on it - including during the game >

*Simon Pegg
*Bill Bailey
*Russell Brand
*Peter Serafinowicz - who posted 'activate invisiball' when Green fumbled
*Wil Wheaton - he managed to incorporate a SW and Pen n Paper RPG reference into his into world cup tweets yesterday

You could also just look at what everyone is saying about it via http://twitter.com/#search?q=%23worldcup ... including Darth Vader: Do or do not, there is no tie

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-13-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,