View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 06:04 PM   #60
Astrotoy7
A Face from The Past

Notable contributor Helpful! Folder extraordinaire LFN Staff Member 
@Niner.. vuvuzelas are a tradition in South African football. Whilst it is indeed annoying, it is quite unlikely FIFA will take a stand on it now. EQ it out in your home theatre amp, or just turn it down

Those of us whom have been following football for a long time will probably find the horns a bit easier to bear that what we used to be subjected to every year during the old Intercontinental cup aka the Toyota Cup. There was a constant siren sound that really was much more annoying than the horns... here's a clip I found on YT to demonstrate. Luckily the modern version of this tourney(World Club Championships) no longer suffers from this

View page
YouTube Video

As for the matches... Great to see another African victory for Ghana, though not a hugely convincing one...

I'm sure it is clear now why I'm cheering for Spain in this world cup as opposed to Ozstralia. I can't believe how badly they played in defense .... I'm pretty sure me and my (deceased of 8 years) grandma could have put in equivalent performance, weekend at Bernies style

Looking forward to DAY 4! Some more tips to not put money on!

JAPAN v CAMEROON: 1-1

ITALY v PARAGUAY: 1-0 >>although I really want Italy to lose because that idiot Marcello Lippi refused to include Antonio Cassano in his squad.
NEW ZEALAND v SLOVAKIA: 0-1.

mtfbwya

Asinus asinum fricat

Last edited by Astrotoy7; 06-13-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Astrotoy7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,