View Single Post
Old 06-14-2010, 06:37 PM   #20
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Hm. I dismissed this as being too flimsy to work because "What kind of idiot entrusts such a thing [as the star forge] to a couple of new lackeys?", but alas, they did use this story anyways.

I mean, was there no other way? Seriously? Why didn't the sith emperor do it himself if he was so greatly powerful? More I think about it, the less sense it makes to me.

If Revan was not a singular unique jedi, weren't there others more trustworthy to the emperor (or at least less ambitious) that could have been sent? Sure it required someone more or less trusted by the Republic, but having seen what I have about secret infiltration, I'm left scratching my head.

Now it sounds even more flimsy. The 7th timeline which was about the secret infiltrations, is one explanaiton which would hold together but that would raise some serious questions about more of his background and to what extent Revan was raised by the Jedi prior to the mandalorian wars.

Far as the history on Revan, It just ignores TSL and doesn't outright contradict it. That's good. Leaves it open and unsaid.

TSL seems a plausible storyline, and because it doesn't follow typical SW formula as closely but still manages to retain at least a little SW-y feel. Also, it is one example of how not only the galaxy but all life was at one point threatened. Which is good because the SW EU needed something else of significance that was different and it was not the movies or anything similar or too closely related. Just my opinion, though.

Far as the story itself...ok it may not be phenominal but most sequels aren't when in the shadow of their predecessors, unless the predecessor really sucked.

Far as I could see, Kreia's talk about Revan wasn't deception so much as it was speculation, possibly ignorant. She did not speak from a knowing point of view on anything about Revan except on small minor details that could quite easily fit into the plot as outlined. Nothing too significant.

If she was being truthful in her speculation "call from home", then it may well provide a pivotal point for which the Sith Emperor could have manipulated Revan and Malak. Revan's family and heritage. Revan may not have been willing, but there might have been some other subtler means of coercion besides sith sorcery total mind control zombification. Family and origins is as good a place as any to start guessing.

If Kreia was not truthful, well, pay it no mind because it was uninformed speculation.

My enthusiasm for this game, however, is waning again. And since I probably won't be able to get a new computer for it anyways...umm, yeah.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,