View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 07:19 AM   #113
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrotoy7 View Post
wow@ Greece. Didn't see that one coming! I'm very pleased with my Mexico selection - it's just appalling to see a team with as many talented players as France do so badly because of player/coach issues. Surely it was evident from the Euros - yet they still stuck with Domenech.
Greece, I think only won due that idiot deciding to kick an opponent over nothing in the 33rd minute was a good idea. Mexico played well, France I always thought would go out, but I thought they would likely just draw all their games... Domenech, is the worst coach in the competition, and I've never understood why he was in charge... Apparently it was Zidane who actually ran the team when they reached the final in 2006. Messi, I think has been the standout player so far, was great for the Argies yesterday.

DAY 8:
SLOVENIA v USA: 0-2
ENG v ALGERIA: 3-0
GER V SER 2-1

NED v JAPAN: 3-0

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,