View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 11:51 PM   #19
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
How many championships did Jordan win when he was the entire show?

How many championships did Jordan win with Scottie Pippen (remember Pippen along with Jordan were named as one of the 50 greatest players in NBA history)?

No, Jordan was the reason for the Bulls runs, but he was not the entire show.
You can make the argument with Pippen, until you look at the fact that Pippen's Bulls couldn't play playoff basketball, and when they did, Pippen got sad and sullen when Toni got the shot. Pippen is a top 50 player because Jordan showed him the way. Just another dead-beat dad without MJ.

Horace Grant was average, with silly goggles. Bill Cartwright was like a black Kurt Rambis. BJ Armstrong and the rest were just ok.

When the game was on the line, GAME 7, Jordan didn't shoot 6-24. And he had as many rebounds, more steals, and still took all the tough shots like Kobe.

Pippen is not in Shaq's league. In his prime, only Jordan stood out above the Big Diesel. Kobe was a 19 year old punk when he got his first ring... and was not a full-time starter, actually IIRC he was not a starter at all.

I am not saying Kobe is so-so. He is incredible!

He is no Michael Jordan.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,