View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 01:50 AM   #21
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by qui_gon_glenn View Post
You can make the argument with Pippen, until you look at the fact that Pippen's Bulls couldn't play playoff basketball, and when they did, Pippen got sad and sullen when Toni got the shot.
Again how many championships did Michael Jordan win without Scotty Pippen?

Quote:
Pippen is a top 50 player because Jordan showed him the way. Just another dead-beat dad without MJ.
How does conduct off the court make someone less of a basketball player?
Quote:
He is no Michael Jordan.
Was not saying he was. I was not disagreeing with you that Michael Jordan was the greatest of all-time. I was disagreeing with you that Michael Jordan won a NBA championship on his own. He did not.

I think Michael Jordan was the greatest all-around basketball player of all-time. Sure there were IMO better dunkers; Dr. J and Dominique Wilkins, better at stealing the ball; John Stockton, better at assists; John Stockton, Jason Kidd and Magic, and better shooters; Larry Bird and Magic Johnson, but Michael could do it all.

However, if I was in the Rockets front office in 1984, knowing what I know now, I would still pick Hakeem Olajuwon with the first pick. Nothing against Jordan, but Iím still more a fan of the Dream.

Kobe is great, but IMO he isn't even the greatest Laker. Magic still has that honor with Kareem Abdul Jabbar a close second.

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,