View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:33 AM   #34
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstr kenobi View Post
agreed,a lot of speculation
if i remember correctly,even kreia says "maybe he didn't fall,maybe he was just being true to himself" even her hesitates in making that afirmation...
IIRC exile said something on the order of [hidden]revan being a monster[/quote] and that was part of what Kreia said, correcting the Exile.

Quote:
hummm... the emperor didn't want to show himself and lead a direct assault on the republic and the jedi at full strength, and he needed Revan to be an actual treat and wreak havok in republic space, not a weekend distraction to the jedi council.
I'm still thinking through it. I mean if he _really_ wanted the Star Forge, it was a VERY stupid idea...

However, now I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't "conditional" strategy all along.

Admittedly not an easy change in tone for me, but it's really the only way I can make sense of this.

1) If Revan was strong of mind and will, Then Revan would take the remnants of this old technology for himself and attempt to take over the galaxy with it.

2) If Revan was not strong of mind and will, Then the Star Forge would fall into the Emperor's hands with Revan as a proxy, and things would proceed ahead of schedule (or on schedule depending).

As a contingency either way, the Emperor could have "sealed himself away" safely from the weapon. If what Canderous said in K1 was right.

What remains consistent for both scenarios would be somehow knowing that the Star Forge was limited. (Referring to G0-T0's talk about Revan, and to the Holocron on Korriban for the scenario in the wake of Dark Side Revan). This might imply that he knew of the Rakatan history himself. However this is troubling because as we know the Rakatans had been the only previous ones in possession and there is nothing to support that it had any other users in possession of it. The knowledge wasn't really widely available...Sure access to SOME of it might have been possible, but that has yet to be clarified.

I'm guessing this Sith Emperor's rival looked in vain for the Star Forge (he had one map in his possession afterall). It would certainly seem that way.

Quote:
maybe he calculated both would end up destroyed,or close to that...
I'm still trying to figure it out, personally. What the emperor did and did not know (and when) is now starting to become a subject of interest to me.

Lots of intrigue. That's for sure.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,