View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 02:29 PM   #30
igyman
Tension!

Current Game: Trine Enchanted Edition (PC)
Forum Veteran Helpful! Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommycat View Post
1) paying for TOR is like buying 8+ games at once. So at 240 per year it's actually a bargain.
If you are willing to give that money, if you are sure one game will keep you interested for that long and if you are willing to postpone or completely forgo buying any other games during that year.

Quote:
2) Well you'll be happy to learn that TOR is supposedly going away from the "kill 10 rats" quests. There shouldn't be any quests that don't feel heroic.
Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see. Hopefully you'll turn out to be right about this one.

Quote:
3) According to BioWare they have made MANY statements that this is a STORY DRIVEN MMO. So this one is not a reason not to play TOR(as of yet. who knows if it will pan out).
Heh, WoW was also supposed to be a story-driven MMO, but the question is how interesting will that story be. It doesn't have to be grand, or epic, but it does have to be interesting.

Quote:
4) Jedi fashion would not be expected to change much. I mean they're like monks. As far as I've seen, monks still have the same clothing style as a long time ago.
If you take a look at KoTOR 1, the Jedi clothing was completely different from what we saw in the movies, but in KoTOR 2 which happened only a few years later, the Jedi are wearing robes that are visually identical to those from the movies. From what I've seen in various TOR clips, Bioware decided not to be original in this regard as they were in KoTOR 1.

igyman is offline   you may: quote & reply,