View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:19 PM   #2
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
Truth or Crap: One country in the world has TWO capital cities.
Bit of both, there are several countries in the world which have TWO capital cities, so the statement would be incorrect in that more than one country has more than one, I know of 3 countries which have "two capitals".

Holland, the legal capital is Amsterdam, the residency of the monarchy is the Hague (I think the Government may meet in the Hague too, I seem to recall state addresses coming from there).

Israel, partly because Jerusalem is a disputed city so Tel Aviv is considered by some to be another capital, it was Israel's capital between 1948-50, and many embassies are based there.

Finally Bolivia has two capitals... La Paz is generally considered it's capital, even though the judiciary and legal systems are run from Sucre.

I'd possible place a mild bet that South Africa may have a couple of "Capital Cities" with things being split possibly between Johannesburg and Cape Town....

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,