machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Fanfiction.net

The Long Journey
Criann Onasi

KOTOR on Taris: The story begins

A lot of the background has been clipped out but most of it is admittedly unnecessary. The piece rambles a bit more than I like, but that is just me.

A Jedi's Sacrifice
Stella Anon

TSL Aftermath: The Exile makes her decision and her next sacrifice

Deep introspection, examining her own reasons from the Mandalorian wars to the present. Her decision is logical, though obvious.

Coming Home
Xenzen

Pre KOTOR: A slice of military life, medical leave

The piece is a bit of perfection because the worry about what might have happened is right there where every mother wife, lover would feel it. The worry about why he’s home now rather than at other times; communicating even to the son who has to go to school instead.

Naming the soldier in question was left to the perfect place, so that you get all the worry before you know, and it gives us that extra insight into who waits.

Pick of the Week

Punishment
The Lady Revan

Post TSL; The Exile is captured as an act of revenge

The piece had me a bit confused because the enemy is unclear. They are reminiscent of the Yuuzhan Vong of later years with their bio-engineered tools, yet seem to have some past with the people of the KOTOR period.

The Fallen Apart
FireTeam Torch

Pre TSL on Telos Station: If the rules don’t work, break them

An interesting read. The part I enjoyed was someone deciding to add additional directives and those causing the malfunction. Especially when the directives, to save the republic and obey the laws, are even in a human mind sometimes mutually exclusive.

The road to hell
Sirval

TSL on Dantooine: The title says it all if you finish the quote

The introspection goes well with interring the bodies of three people. Burying them also buries the past, and give her a reason to go on.

kotorfanmedia

Light Side Female Revan

A Mandalorian's Daughter Chapter 1 - Canderous
Galaxy Girl

Pre KOTOR assumedly on Taris: Canderous has dreams of his adopted daughter

The piece is vague in that a lot of backstory is created, but does not fit in well with what is known. It is a good read that notwithstanding.

Other KOTOR characters

Payback
Allronix

Originally posted 24 March 2006, that review below;

Starting 2 years before KOTOR, segueing into the escape of Ebon Hawk. A young Twi-lek girl finally pays off on a debt to Canderous.

An excellent well written piece. The style is Allronix at his best. 13 readers gave it a thumbs up.

Reprise Pick of the Week

The Sith Lords: Behind the Game
Karacat

TSL on Dxun: The cast behind the set

A companion piece, since she had done the same thing for KOTOR, Karacat had a lot of fun with this, I can tell. From Brianna signing autographs, to a pink rifle for HK47, commenting on Sith assassin garb, the Exile as a movie machine star because of daddy’s money, it flowed well I especially enjoyed the cookies; Double Dark Side Deluxe!

Pick of the Week

Bingo
Kitome

Pre KOTOR: So that is why she was exiled…

The piece is short sweet and cute. The idea that they play bingo (The auto randomizing cards were a good touch) and it was being caught cheating that got Kreia kicked out was a riot.

Pick of the Week

Final Days
Jedi Boadicea

4 years Post KOTOR: An old man and his student greet some guests

The piece flows well, and the characters are lovingly portrayed. Jolee is more cantankerous than ever, and Dustil while still sullen but starting to grow out of it. Mission now at 18 teaming with Canderous was a nice touch, and the Mando’s way of dealing with someone who appears to have given up on life was just too choice.

Pick of the Week

The Passing of Mandalore
RogueLadySabyne

Post TSL: The end o an age, the birth of a new

The piece, like most death watch ones, was depressing. I agree that you would have expected him to go out in a blaze of glory, but even dying he didn’t whimper. The line about death as a commander tickled me because it fit’s the mentality so well.

Pick of the Week

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,