Thread: Outlaws Remake
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 08:44 AM   #5
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Hi, other side of the forums!

I thought that this might have been an announcement, rather than a question about a remake - being a fan of westerns, i've wanted to play it since I heard about it years ago - but unfortunately it seems i'd have to sell body parts to get hold of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrik View Post
Yeah I was just going to mention Red Dead Redemption. It came out like two months ago and is pretty much heralded as the best wild west game there's ever been, pretty much hitting perfection on every level.

Clearly these claims are going to be exaggerated but nonetheless I think it's probably a pretty sweet game. I've been waiting for a good wild west game pretty much since Outlaws so I'll be picking it up soon.
I wouldn't it call it perfect (unfortunately I know too much about the firearms of the period, so seeing a Volcanic Pistol in 1911 confused me a little), but it's certainly the best take on the setting yet. Westerns are perfectly suited for open-world sandbox games, so it's not surprising that the 'masters' of that genre of game managed to nail it pretty well. It can be a little over the top at times, but in the context of a Spaghetti Western (as opposed to the John Ford type), it makes a lot of sense.

But i'm pretty sure you won't be disappointed.

Bye, other side of the forums!

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,