View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 05:05 AM   #5
DarthParametric
I bent my Wookiee

Forum Veteran Helpful! 
It's not rambling when they legitimately aren't RPGs. Next thing you know someone will be suggesting COD or Half-Life. The notion of what is and isn't an RPG is a bit nebulous, but you have to draw the line somewhere. The thread is on "essential PC RPGs", not random games that have vague RPG-like qualities.

By the way, on the subject of the original Fallouts, I've just started a new playthrough of FO2 for the first time under Win 7 x64. In the past I had a hell of a time with both (but especially FO1) under XP with refresh issues and the like, but thanks to some awesome mods FO2 is running better now than it ever did. You can get everything you need in the Fallout 2 Restoration Project, over at http://www.killap.net/. Don't worry about the Unofficial Patch on the same site - it's already bundled into the RP. As well as more than 1,000 bug fixes (!!) and restored cut content, it also includes a resolution patch, so you can run it up to whatever your native res is. As with K1 though, the interface doesn't scale, so I had to drop back from 1080 to 720 so I could see wtf everything said. Damn eyes - I think I need a 40" monitor lol. There are some similar fixes for FO1, although not quite to the same extent in size and scope.
DarthParametric is offline   you may: quote & reply,