View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 08:25 PM   #323
Master_Archon
The Sajuuk-Khar!!!

Roleplayer 
"Dont get cocky. We're facing an army of Imperial Troops and Sith Apprentices. This isn't a game!" Cade scolded Tino, Slate shifted his head in their direction as he listened, nodding to Cade's comments.

"...this isn't even a place normally ideal for a child such as yourself. Stick close by us, and you'll do fine." Slate rechecked his helmet - which acted as a breathing mask, just as it had acted as a filter mask against the knockout gas from earlier - for about the seventh time, something habitual, even for a person like him.

"I agree, no matter how blessed you are boy, a stealth mission such as this is no game, nor a joke; all beings have skill, regardless of the Force, any soldier among those Sith could be a veteran of dozens, maybe over a hundred battles and could easily put a well placed shot in your forehead. I have no doubt that there are more than just Sith Apprentices either, we'll encounter Sith Warriors - probably some Masters even," Slate commented, adding to Cade's reprimand.

Slate nonchalantly checked his weapon (the only one he keeps out in the open that is, seeing as he prefers anonymity in his use of the Force), continuing, "And all this coming from a professional Assassin no less. Heed what we say boy, we don't need headiness to get us killed."

"As for your second question..." Cade said, pulling out a holo-projector. "It depends on how long it will take for them to find us. It could take anywhere between now and few hours by the most. In the meantime, we should hide within the hidden compartments of the ship." Slate nodded and followed the group to the holographic projector, watching as Cade opened the panel to enter the passages and compartments.

"After you." Cade insisted everyone. "Follow the main cables, they will lead you down the hidden passages."

Slate watched as they filed in until it was just Cade and himself. He stared at Cade from his one eye through his helmet and wrapped his long scarf (which was big/wide enough to act like a cloak) around his armored body. He finally spoke up, "you know it would have been better if it were just the two of us. We're both familiar with each other from our pasts, it's a stealth mission to redirect enemy forces, and to call in help, not an assault on the ship itself, this group - no matter how small - will only make things difficult, if not sluggish."

Slate pulled his lightsaber out of thin air it seemed, as he raised his hand to direct Cade's attention to it. "Call me an over-assuming cynic, Cade, but it could still go down with just two of us doing it. After all, you don't want anything to do with what's going on, really, do you? Lyna's made her choice - it seems - and you just want the plans and schematics in that shuttle, after all. We weld them into the compartments, keep the tribals locked in your ship, do our duty on the Star Destroyer, head back planetside and get those plans while the battle still rages - release the tribals, of course - and you, your friend Nale, dear ol'Rawk and myself, will burn sky."

Something about the way Slate was putting these issues, and stating these facts was something Slate knew Cade would catch onto. Slate was a veritable genius, Cade knew he was a genius, Slate knew Cade knew he was a genius, and Slate knew Cade knew Slate's naturally sarcastic nature made him very cynical, which lead him to be little less than selfish, yet still more than unpleasant. Slate wanted something, he was too deep a thinker to selfishly want simple self-preservation, or even money, no, Slate was more than capable of preserving his own hide (and making money). Then again Slate was fickle too, he could simply be doing this to gather some tidbit of information he wanted, simply to appease his analytical discrepancies. Either way, Slate was being Slate, something he hadn't quite been since Syana had jumped into the picture.

Slate jiggled his lightsaber in front of Cade, "Your choice Skywalker. Either way, doesn't hurt my feelings."

((Rarr! Bogus-ly big post! As well as a just plain bogus post. ^_^ ))

"But in you...I see the potential to see the Force die, to turn away from its will..."
"You are beautiful to me, exile. A dead spot in the Force, an emptiness in which its will might be denied."
"But no Jedi ever made the choice you did. To sever ties so completely, so utterly, that it leaves a wound in the Force..."
"I would have killed the galaxy to preserve you...You are more precious than you know..."-now...it's verbatim!-A quote from Darth Traya (Kreia)

Last edited by Master_Archon; 08-06-2010 at 01:29 AM.
Master_Archon is offline   you may: quote & reply,