View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #19
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedak View Post
Too bad the drug war doesn't work...blame your politicians for the drug problem, not the users.
6 words: No drug users, no drug problem.

However, I also see no reason to enable crackheads to continue with their habits. I chalk it up to misplaced compassion for miscreants. It's one thing to actually try to intervene and put someone in a detox program, another to provide them w/the paraphenalia to continue their slide. If you're going to cite potential savings for problems that might only exist if the status quo continues, I'd say that letting them die would also save a lot of money. Point being that potential $$ saved is not sufficient argument for allowing a person to commit slow suicide b/c they don't feel up to quitting just yet. Given that many crackheads are usually petty thieves, perhaps the govt should lock them up much as the mentally incompetent often are in order to protect the rest of society and even them from themselves as well.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,