View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #6
mimartin
TOR ate my KotOR

Current Game: TOR/FO:NV
Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Alderaan News Holopics contributor 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ping View Post
We still have guys in Germany. Does that mean WW2 is still going on?
I don't know; are they in harmís way in Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth333 View Post
What about the rest of the mess, including all the civilians who, contrary to the troops, never signed up for this kind of s*** but still got caught in it and will continue to outlive the effects of this aggression for an indefinite period of time?
Precisely the reason I was against a war in Iraq in the first place, but supported staying after we got into that boondoggle. I want the troops out, but only when the Iraqi government is able to look after its own citizens. I just hope that this is the right time and not a political stunt, like the war was to begin with.
Quote:
Before this war began, everyone else I spoke to who was familiar with the region predicted this very same messy outcome the moment Bush announced his intentions...
The funny thing is George H Bush, Norman Schwarzkopf and Colin Powell knew that in 1991. Strange that George W. Bush and Donald Rumsfeld thought they were smarter than those three.
Quote:
This war was not only entered into based on false pretenses (as made to the public) but also, apparently, with total disregard as to what was going on in that region and the interests of the different factions (I can hardly believe US diplomats and informants where so ignorant tough).
The diplomats were not that ignorant, just the politicians thought they knew better than the diplomats or even the military.
Quote:
Was it to get a "foot in the door" for Iran, given the past relations between the three countries; oil, or was it just plain stupidity or something else?
Saddam just ticked off the wrong George. Saddam paid, but so did Iraqi civilians and coalition troops.
Quote:
Saddam was a dictator, true but at the same time, the Bush admin was shaking hands with Saudi Arabia...democracy, human (women's rights more particularly*) rights, right?
right. Never said we were not a little (lot) hypocritical. Next question would be how many of the hijackers were Iraqi? How many were Saudi?

mimartin is offline   you may: quote & reply,