View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 03:26 PM   #68
Alexrd

Current Game: UEFA Euro 2004
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Dimal View Post
My second guess was that it was Savage Opress. Is LA just going to throw away a good character and just replace him with some mediocre one they thought of in probably just 5 minutes?
What do you mean? They thought of creating a new villain, instead of bringing Durge. Is that so bad? I see many people complaining about their lack of creativity, and now that they've created Cad Bane, people still complain?

Quote:
People like Durge because his backstory has been elaborated on and people know what kind of stuff he's been through. If you notice you'd see that Cad Bane's backstory hasn't been shown in much detail, which is what makes a bland character.
Like Boba Fett in the OT. Your point?

Quote:
Durge is also more bad ass than Cad Bane and seeing what he did in the comics, that proves my point.
What? This is not about being more badass or not, and even so, that point is discussable. Also, that doesn't prove nothing about your point above.

Quote:
Durge would probably be a better character to use because he's more well known.
I don't think so. Using a not well known and new character takes away any predictability that everyone might have while watching him, and gives a feeling of wonderness to the character and episode.

Quote:
BTW I did know that they replaced Durge with Cad Bane, I was just hoping they'd give him an appearance too.
They were going to give him an appearance. But since Cad Bane became a fan favourite, they decided to stick with him. Also, Durge's story has already been told and people would know that he would die sooner or later, so I don't see the point of bringing him back.

Star Wars: In Concert - Lisbon - Some pictures of the exhibition accompanying the event.
Alexrd is offline   you may: quote & reply,