View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 12:07 AM   #60
Tysyacha
One of Thousands

Current Game: Dragon Age II
Forum Veteran Roleplayer Contest winner - Fan Fiction 
NEAR THE EXPLOSION SITE OF THE MILLENNIAL

Torian K'il was losing control, both of his craft and of his mind. He simply could not fathom how, and why, he was going blind. There he was in the cockpit of his expertly-crafted stealth fighter, supposedly the master of the situation, reduced to madly flailing about and fiddling with its many buttons and switches. I'm about to die when victory is mine?! It cannot be! Where is my target? Where are the escape pods, which I intended to shoot down as well? Where is that Aurek fighter that I hit just a few seconds ago? I can't see them! I can barely see anything! What in space is wrong with me?

"Insanity" might have proven a salient answer, but Torian rejected it outright.

I'll fire one more shot. It had better hit that other fighter...It will!

Unfortunately for the Rodian, he was proven dead wrong as the torpedoes from the enemy fighter slammed right into his craft, causing it to explode.

Torian K'il, like the unfortunate crew of the Millennial, became a sizzling fireball of grease. Khristoff had trusted him, relied on him, and he had failed.

ESCAPE POD 01, NEWLY LANDED ON THE ASTEROID N'TALA

In tandem with the explosion of Torian K'il's stealthcraft, the thunderous landing of a tiny escape pod sounded upon the asteroid of N'tala. Perdante was unprepared for the shock of the inelegant and dangerous crash, and the back of her head was whacked soundly. Stars swam in front of her.

Through the second wave of blinding pain she felt whilst in the confines of Escape Pod 01, she could sense the worried voice of Juhani, her mentor.

Hurt...upon landing. Not unconscious. Sal and I are both still intact...
Tysyacha is offline   you may: quote & reply,