View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 10:18 PM   #28
Samnmax221
I never Kipled

Current Game: Sex with women
Forum Veteran LF Jester 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKA-001 View Post
The rebellion has to be formed somehow. Without what formed it, it wouldn't have formed. Besides, Bail says in the novel that he, Mothma, and Iblis had been indirectly helping each other out for years, and all they needed was some encouragement, any encouragement, to get them to seal the deal. Starkiller just happened to be that encouragement, whereas it was unexplained in the EU before.
If it needed to be explained it didn't need an entire Deus Ex Machina explanation that there were never any indicators of before.

LALALALALAALa We're never going to talk about this ever again LALALALALALALA

Quote:
I don't recall any such thing except a number of deleted scenes from Episode III (which remained in the novel).
Well a ragtag bunch of AN ANIME INSPIRED JEDI WHO CAN PULL STAR DESTROYERS TO THE GROUND DID GOT EVERYTHING TOGETHER BECAUSE DARTH VADER TOLD HIM TO, BUT IT WAS A TRICK, AND THEN IT WASN'T, AND THEN IT WAS A TRICK AGAIN, BUT IT WORKED OUT ANYWAY. THEN HE WAS DEAD, THEN HE WASN'T BUT HE MIGHT BE, KICKASS WITH TEH FORCE, MAKE MONEY ON TOYS AND GAMES BECAUSE KIDS DON'T GO OUTSIDE ANYMORE, THEN THERES A RANCOR AND IT'S LIKE BRRAAAAAAH, AND HE MAKES STORMTROOPERS ESPLODE WITH HIS MIND, THIS IS SO DEEP MAN.

Quote:
I'm not especially familiar with Zahn's work in regards to the rebellion's origins, but I'm pretty sure that he never really established anything that makes TFU's story impossible. The actual forming of the rebellion was never shown until recently.
Then you aren't especially familiar with any part of the EU that is good.
Samnmax221 is offline   you may: