I thought I would use this thread to let people know that ScummSpeaks v3 r1
has been released. It includes the following changes:
- Big overhaul! Redesigned how ScummSpeaks works; it now stores mappings of sounds to lines of speech, saved in an XML file, and both the text and sounds must be exported to game resources as a final step. (You will need to manually use ScummTr to insert the text back into the game directory.)
- You now need to import an existing text file and sound resource, in order to create and work on a Speech Map.
- Adds support for BUN resources, as used by The Dig.
- Support for metadata such as lip-synching tags.
- Includes a small utility, "trspack", to decode and encode the *.TRS file used in The Dig, which stores subtitles for cutscenes.
- Import/Export Sounds now uses XML files for each sound, to provide information on which line number the sound should be played on.
- Removed all support for original game sound resources that use VOC files; ScummSpeaks now only works on sound resources that have been compressed with the ScummVM tools (compress_scumm_sou and compress_scumm_bun).
- Better dialog for "scummtr", effectively giving it a nice frontend.
- Binary distribution includes the "scummtr" executable.
- More alert messages when things have finished processing, or errors have occurred.
- Text comments and sound comments are stored in the Speech Map XML file.
- In the sound list display, if no custom comment for a sound has been entered, it will display the associated line of dialogue from the text file.
- You can now sort by some columns.
- New manual.