View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 11:46 PM   #15
harIII
Veteran

Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
There are a million Golden Moments in US History, more than our time on the map would normally accumulate, so that is something.
Very well put Qui-Gon Glenn, I'd have to agree with you but I still think that we did experience a Golden Age from an American's viewpoint for about 10 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
M4A1, Barret .50 Cal, M9, and Predator Strike.[/MODERN WARFARE 2]

Oh, you meant in real life. Actually, predator strike works surprisingly well but has foreign relations issues. It depends on if we can get Pakistan to be okay with us sending missiles into their northwestern mountain territories.
Throwing missiles, bombs, and guns at the terrorists is a good start but you also have to remember Al Quada (not sure on spelling) is one group among several that apparently belong to a larger order of Islamic Radicals called the Muslim Brotherhood. They are also infiltrators and use that to their advantage. They know how to hide, run, and attack. Those tactics I think can only take us so far until we can actually get the normal Muslims (those that are truly peace loving, friendly, run of the mill type) to turn against their radical rulers. The problem I think is that they haven't had any great theologians to come out and take a stand like great Christians such as Bonhoeffer and Martin Luther. Christianity was once like the Islamic faith today, back in the Medieval years the Church was radical itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Hunger View Post
Well if you want a long term solution with a really painful short term cost, tax imports from China. It'd bring some manufacturing back to the United States and stabilize the economy here.
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by this, how does it work?

Last edited by harIII; 11-08-2010 at 11:56 PM.
harIII is offline   you may: quote & reply,