View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #1005
Darth_Calo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunkside View Post
I dont even want a movie that "canonises" some choices. Isnīt playing your own story one of the main points of ME? And yeah, Infiltrators ftw. Played INF in ME1, played it in ME2 and will play it in ME3. Also, i made a ME1 playthrough with a soldier a few weeks ago, but didnt like it. It was just so freaking boring shooting everything with those assault rifles....
but in Knights of the Old Republic the good choices are the canon. players can still do whatever they want. If they made a Mass Effect movie that canonized the baddass choices, it would just be like "oh that's what really happens" and IMHO wouldn't detract one bit from the gameplay. you could still make the story what you want. in some ways it builds that from the start since the canon background is John Shepard, Male Earthborn War Hero Soldier. but I had "beast" shepard, male colonist ruthless adept shepard. it builds in a sense of canonicity, whilst still allowing for an enjoyable experience regardless. IMHO, the movie should canonize all the bad ass choices, but that's just me

Proud of the Six One Seven.
We are Boston. We are strong. We will prevail.
Darth_Calo is offline   you may: quote & reply,