View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #30
starkiller1157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darca Lar View Post
You know what could help? Maybe reading the book, it really helped me understand the story in the 1st TFU.
I have read the book and it does better then the game, but it still has plot-holes like the game.

And I have TFU1 book and I didn't need it to understand the storyline of the game. TFU1 did very well for a game and an addition to the Star Wars Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
Maybe I'd do that if they bundled the book to the game at no extra cost. But they're selling the game on its own, it ought to be able to stand on its own.
I agree here. The book cost me $30 dollars + is you add what the game cost $60, you're paying over a hundred. They should have just added the book with the purchase of the game, because its not worth the buy with its limited content/game play. 4 levels/worlds, give me a break!

Quote:
If that's true then books and their movie counterparts should be equally good without one being better than the other
I disagree. A book is far better then a movie. It has much more detail, more content then a movie could ever hold. Lord of the Rings is proof of that, it also expresses the characters feelings more then a film could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajinMikeyX View Post
Yeah. Whatever he says he sees as absolute and he can't be wrong. He comes and just talks about how bad the story is in his mind and basically starts an argument about it with one side giving points supporting the story and his side against it. I mean, I guess that's what these forums are for, from a certain point of view as Obi-Wan would say, but I just don't see the fun in debating about the same thing over several different threads.
The whole point of forums are to discuss and debate opinions and differences. If you and other like the game thats fine. But there will always be people who dislike things other don't

Quote:
I will agree that the story did have some plot holes in it which is bound to happen when a deadline is involved, but the story did make sense.
They had the same deadline as TFU1 and it came out just fine, as like many other games or even films. I think its more the success of the first game and how much money it made then about deadlines.

Quote:
It was about finding answers and discovering worth, hence the trip to dagobah, the "am I a clone" thing
Yes, but we found out no answers! We have no idea if he is a clone or not. I was eager to hear something more amazing about the force!

Quote:
It wasn't confirmed that Starkiller was a clone, but the answer was that clone or not, he's alive, defeated Vader, rescued the girl and reassured hope for the rebellion. This one is more of a transition to the finale
Starkiller only defeated Vader because Juno was taken. Starkiller had the chance to kill Vader in the beginning, but he chose not to because of his obsession with Juno. Starkiller in TFU2 is not the same as in TFU1, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sordid Dreams View Post
But even after his vision on Dagobah, which was supposedly to help him 'find himself', he still says to Kota "you still don't believe that I'm a clone", which to me implies he still thinks he is. What gets me is that it doesn't seem to bother him at any point.
Basicly, Starkiller doesn't seem to care about anything in TFU2, other then his obsession with Juno. Which, no offense, but if a former lover had come back for me like that, I'd be pretty upset that he risked the rebel alliance possible defeat and didn't at all care about their struggle against the empire!

After everything Starkiller, Juno & Kota went through in the first game, its meaningless to him. And if he really believes he is a clone and not the original, how does he think Juno should be his???

"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,