View Single Post
Old 12-12-2010, 03:59 AM   #1
Lynk Former
internet hate machine

10 year veteran! The Walking Carpets Guild Officer Imperialist Meatbags Guild Officer LF Jester 
Post Lynk is building himself a gaming PC!

I am literally copying and pasting all of this from a thread I started in my own forum: http://www.twilightlynk.com/forums/t560/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk Former @ Twilight Lynk Forums
[SIZE="1"]Lynk shouldn't start referring to himself in the third-person...

I've stayed away from PC gaming for a hell of a long time because to be honest, I can't be ****ed having to deal with all the variables that go into creating your own rig. So, for a long time I've stayed clueless about this kind of stuff, but with the help of Mav and Jeff and some on the hunt education of what goes into making a gaming PC, I've come up with a list parts for my new PC.

Of course, the reason I'm posting this all up here is if people have suggestions/comments/critiques to make about this whole thing. That said, I have a lot of money to spend and I know a couple of things on this list aren't NEEDED, but you and I both know they're very nice to have and dammit, I'm gonna have 'em.

Mav and Jeff acted as a guide for the kind of things I should be looking for and what level of hardware I should be looking at, but I chose all of this stuff myself. So anyway, here's what I've got on the list to get so far...

CPU: Intel Core i5-760 Lynnfield 2.8GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Motherboard: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory

Video Card: EVGA 012-P3-1470-AR GeForce GTX 470 (Fermi) 1280MB 320-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Main Drive (SSD): Intel X25-M 2.5" 120GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive

Secondary Drive (HDD): Seagate Barracuda XT ST32000641AS 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Optical Drive: LG Blu-ray Disc Combo Internal SATA 10x SuperMulti Blue LightScribe

Power Supply: CORSAIR 650W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply

Computer Case: Corsair Obsidian Series 700D Black Aluminium / Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

Of course, if you guys have any suggestions, good time to make them since I'm only just scouting and haven't actually ordered/bought any of this stuff yet.

Oh and here's what I already have...

Monitor: Samsung 23" widescreen LCD-LED backlit monitor

HDTV: Sony 40" X Series Full HD Bravia LCD TV

Mouse: Logitech Performance Mouse MX

Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Desktop 8000

Gaming Mouse: Logitech Wireless Gaming Mouse G700

Gameboard: Logitech G13 Advanced Gameboard

I'm also thinking about updating my sound system in the future because the one I have atm doesn't use HDMI, but since that mobo I chose has an optical out, I guess I can use that for now.

Oh, and I'm also thinking about getting a better headset because Jeff complains that he can hear my game through his headset when we play
I was going to get that motherboard but discovered it had some terrible faults that made the pci-e x16 into an x8 if you used the usb3.0 and/or sata 3

Last edited by Lynk Former; 12-12-2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: edited list
Lynk Former is online now   you may: quote & reply,