View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 11:34 PM   #13
The Doctor
Retired

Current Game: Skyrim
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer93 View Post
Well, there is alot things in this world that are just not right and it doesn't matter what you do to convey justification or insight this is never ever going to change.
Just because a particular group, which happens to include yourself, feels that something is wrong doesn't make it a fact. I and many other people think eating sushi is wrong; after all, why would anyone voluntarily force that kind of disgusting food down their throats? But alas, just because I think it's gross doesn't make it an irrefutable fact. And even if I can convince the world that sushi tastes bad, that doesn't make it an undeniable fact; it makes it the opinion of the majority. There's a difference. Learn that difference now, or you'll have a terribly difficult time of things in life.

Quote:
Society, stance, similair and opinion might sway and may even break but everyone really already knows what is right and wrong.
You're right. Everyone knows, or should know, that there's nothing inherently wrong with homosexuality. Those against it will come around when they realise it doesn't do anyone a damned bit of harm - when they realise that their baseless opposition to it does worlds more harm then one's inherent sexuality does.

Quote:
Be happy but understand, there is no way you can make this sit right.
You mean sit right with you. Most of the rest of the world, here in the 21st century, doesn't really give a rat's ass who their neighbours want to ****.

Quote:
Now I'm not personally worried about anyones sexual orientation but I do believe it is 100% wrong if you perfer to be in a sexual relationship with the same gender, it's like a lot of things in this world, if it feels wrong it generally is... (I know you won't feel it's wrong but try and relate it to something else that falls into this category)
Translation: If you wanna be gay then I can't stop you, but it's wrong because it feels wrong to me and people who think like me. And there are so many of us that we must be in the right. If you agreed with us you'd totally like, agree with us.

Quote:
humans have a wonderful way of making there point or creating a solid perspective and can convince and recruit the weak minded or idealistic but hit a wall with the strong minded or realistic types. (again, I know these terms are very general but I can't flood the post with every possible adjective or exact identification)
So are you calling those who accept and respect homosexuality "weak minded or idealistic"? And that would make bigots and fear-mongers such as yourself the "strong minded or realistic types", right? Give me a break. Opposition to any form of consensual adult relationship is not "strong minded or realistic", it's close-minded, conceited, and self righteous.

Quote:
Now I understand your craving for acceptance, but you won't ever get genuine acceptance outside your peers and the idealistic recruited
So you're saying that just because the day of universal equality isn't in sight there's no point in even trying. We should just let the LGBT community have their fundamental rights suppressed until they conform to your twisted vision of what reality should be. The 20th century civil rights movement was what, then, an exercise in futility? If so, no one's told us here in Canada yet. I sat next to a negroid at the front of the bus just this week. And I could've sworn my mother and fiancée both voted recently. Someone should put a stop to that nonsense ASAP.

Quote:
You start looking at all the other strange sexual orientated preferences of some other factions out there; if you believe you are right to be as you are, why aren't they? (and be careful here since now you've used a minor to endorse your lifestyle, age of consent is now out the window)
And you've just proved once and for all that you don't know what you're talking about worth ****. There's a huge difference between bringing a consenting adult member of the same gender to your apartment to do the beast with two backs, and taking advantage of the naivety and innocence of a child to satisfy your sexual desire.

Quote:
enjoy, I'm out of here :-D
Be sure the door hits you in the butt on your way out.

Moderator note [12-14-2010 01:08 PM]

Please let's just pretend to play nice together.

Last edited by mimartin; 12-14-2010 at 01:08 PM.
The Doctor is offline   you may: quote & reply,