Old 12-25-2010, 09:28 PM   #1168
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Coruscant Entertainment Center

Birth of Souls
JediMaster12

SW Fiction with no specific date specified: A citizen of Avalon returns because of a mystic call.

The piece like a lot of JM12s work give you a lot of anthropological data that you have to sift through. This is not a negative, I enjoy her work, especially such material. She does the same thing I do, but mine leans harder on military minutiae.

Pick of the Week

STAR WARS: A NEW THREAT
Christos200

Approximately 2 years after the previous work: The Republic hunts for the Ebon Hawk

The piece is too short and scattered for an understanding of the plot to unfold. You have to slow deown, kid. Think of making a cake. Unless you're using a premade mix, it cannot simply be thrown together. Take it slow, make sure all of the ingredients are there.

Now go out and try again.

kotorfanmedia

Love in a Time of War
Infanta Magdalena

KOTOR on Taris: A basic layout of what happens on the planet before heading into the lower city.

Having our Revan be just some translator assigned to Bastila's staff is interesting. The piece flows well.

The Freezing
AnimeAngel

KOTOR on Dantooine: Bastila wishes she had been able to divert Revan's path.

The piece is very well done, primarily introspective, and she is wishing he would listen to her. Her end, that she is better off not loving him.

The Final act
Robinson133
During the war of Exar Kun: Jolee must defeat his wife and return her for justice
Jolee is perfect in this piece, trying to clean up the mess he believes is all his fault.

The New Sith Student
Wyvern

KOTOR on Korriban: A surprising addition to the faculty

The piece is good because you have a secondary character; Trask Ulgo, survive to fight on. I wish I could read on.

Kata
Irhal

No specific era given: Practice makes perfect.

The piece is only the training kata, but every move is choreographed perfectly. You can feel the rhythm of the character, and I loved it immensely.

Pick of the Week

Quiet Death
LordRevan

KOTOR aboard Endar Spire: The Jedi that fought on the deck near the bridge gets her time on stage.

The piece is well doen, the female Jedi gets her chance on stage. The idea that her life was incidental to what has happened is perfect.

Fanfiction.net

Force, What Force?
Kitterpillar

KOTOR aboard Endar Spire: Our unknowing hero discusses the Force in the time honored manner

The piece was a bit of fluff, but well done. The old 'Force as duct tape' was bandied about at just the right time.

Nar Shadaa Style
Kitterpillar

TSL Aboard Ebon Hawk: Booze, strip poker, and hidden cameras

The piece is a bit like the one above, cute and well laid out. The idea that with a tie hand they both have to strip what remains is cute, especially when you find out it's in the rulebook!

Pick of the Week

Stowaway
Kitterpillar

TSL en route to Onderon: Two of our fearless crew aren't so fearless...

Well Kitterpillar struck again having both Atton and Mical frantic about something small and harmless. The end was just too choice.

Pick of the Week

The End Of a World
Kitterpillar

Pre KOTOR: Malachor V

Kitterpillar has done it again, this time in a serious vein. The author came up not only with where they had set the generator, but also why the Exile lost her connection to the Force originally.

Pick of the Week

Won't Say
Amme Moto

KOTOR on Manaan: Rogers and Hammerstein take over for a few minutes

The piece rang through with a lot of humor; the entire female contingent involved in a song about love. Mission's comment, that she was only involved because the Jedi needed a trio on one side just too funny.

Pick of the Week

KOTOR Original Ending
LongshotOR

TSL on Malachor V: The end of the game in this author's eyes

The piece is confusing because there are only scene breaks, no conversation breaks at all.

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,