View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 06:32 PM   #21
Qui-Gon Glenn
Necessary Roughneck

Current Game: ME3MP, Arkham Origins
Folder extraordinaire Helpful! Forum Veteran Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VarsityPuppet View Post
I base my beliefs off of Christian values, but before you start belittling me and telling me I am a hateful bigot, an uneducated tool or a close-minded jerk-off, let me get a word in edgewise.
Ok, I think you are none of those things.
Quote:
I, personally, don't like homosexuality. I tolerate it from most, and can accept it from close friends or family. I don't judge those who choose that lifestyle (or are born with it, w/e) but I prefer not to support it.
That is fine! However, would you hinder it if you could? And if you would, what would give you that right? Your Christian values?

I always want to make this distinction... are "Christian values" what the Church deems valuable, or what Christ deemed valuable? I see a sizable divide in those POV's. Christ, akin to the Buddha, was the live and let live type... the Church has time and again been less tolerant. Who is right? The Church, or the guy the Church is based on?

I am not gay. Neither are you. No amount of Justin Timberlake/Bieber begging for us is going to change that. So why do you even care what gay people do? Does it really affect you that much, as to be bothered by what two consenting adults choose to do?
Quote:
You do who makes you happy, and I'll do who makes me happy. Gender preference? MYOFB.
I just don't understand the hostility, or the fear, that is expressed in this last statement. It comes off as homophobia, which is look-in-the-mirror time, IMO.

Want to play a game of ME3MP?
Qui-Gon_Glenn on the software of which we shall not name.... add me and the enemy shall fall in chunks of crimson salsa
Qui-Gon Glenn is offline   you may: quote & reply,