View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 08:51 PM   #22
Darth Avlectus
Your point?

Current Game: Soul Calibur 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
That is fine! However, would you hinder it if you could? And if you would, what would give you that right? Your Christian values?

I always want to make this distinction... are "Christian values" what the Church deems valuable, or what Christ deemed valuable? I see a sizable divide in those POV's. Christ, akin to the Buddha, was the live and let live type... the Church has time and again been less tolerant. Who is right? The Church, or the guy the Church is based on?

I am not gay. Neither are you. No amount of Justin Timberlake/Bieber begging for us is going to change that. So why do you even care what gay people do? Does it really affect you that much, as to be bothered by what two consenting adults choose to do?
Considering he could be so arrogantly condescending as to tell people what they can/can't do in their privacy, but isn't, this seems reasonable. I think he was merely claiming neutrality is all. To me it came off as more "Tolerant, but do not ask me to defy my faith".

Quote:
I just don't understand the hostility, or the fear, that is expressed in this last statement. It comes off as homophobia, which is look-in-the-mirror time, IMO.
Now I think you're reading more into it than is actually there to be honest.

"I cant see S***! --YOU GO TO HELL!" --Tourettes guy
Darth Avlectus is offline   you may: quote & reply,