View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #20
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Movie

As much as I loved The Social Network and Inception, Black Swan was unnerving, gritty, deeply human (and yet inhuman) and the ending was terrific. Also, it had Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake. (Okay okay I liked it best because it said "Directed by Darren Aronofsky")

The Rest:
2. The Social Network
3. Inception
4. Tere Bin Laden
5. Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame
6. Udaan
7. Solanin
8. Shutter Island
9. Peepli Live
10. Kick-Ass

Album

The Knife In Collaboration with Mt. Sims and Planningtorock - Tomorrow, in a Year
(I owe my ears to the eminent and respected Samuel Dravis)

While the rest of the tracks are good, Colouring of Pigeons is the stand-out track. I can't stop playing it once it stops, and it's probably the only track I have over 10 minutes that makes me want to do that. It always seems to get over before you know it. And Karin Dreijer Andersson's voice is <3.

The Rest:
2. HALCALI - Tokyo Groove
3. ASIAN KUNG-FU GENERATION - Magic Disk
4. Sotaisei Reiron - synchroniciteen
5. Girls Dead Monster - Keep the Beats!

Game

Very disturbing to just think about, Amnesia is survival horror at its... survivaliest? Very well-polished for an indie game, genuinely terrifying and decidedly niche - qualities that make it the most memorable game for me this year.

The Rest:
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Alpha Protocol
4. Fallout: New Vegas
5. Call of Duty: Black Ops

Anime

The Tatami Galaxy

An abstract art style and a deeply personal setting make it easily relatable, the intelligence (and postmodern structuring) make it my favourite anime this year, with the snappy and original humour and all-round coolness. Bonus points because of the Borgesian, Kafka-referencing finale arc.

The Rest:
2. Angel Beats!
3. Durarara!!
4. Arakawa Under the Bridge
5. -

Last edited by Sabretooth; 01-09-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,