View Single Post
Old 01-09-2011, 07:42 PM   #20
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by PastramiX View Post
I fail to see your link between "anti-government" and "liberal". Any ideology could be anti-government, and by the suspect's proclivities concerning reading material, he wouldn't really fit any spectrum role nicely.
Yeah, we pretty much spent a lot of the first decade of the 2000s with libs being anti-govt and the last few years with the other side being vs increased govt control.

Quote:
Do I think that he was influenced by the anti-government rhetoric being produced by the Tea Party, such as the Palin hit-list? Definitely. Does that make the shooter a bona-fide supporter of the Tea Party movement? Not exactly, but I'd certainly say that the movement should be responsible for its own rhetoric, including all of its complications, no matter how distant.
Based on what exactly? If the authorities aren't yet clear about his motivations, where have you divined his influences from then? He could have easily been reading the huffpo for much of the last 10 years and decided the feds were getting out of control. I've yet to see the other side claim any responsibility for much of its own vile and negative rhetoric, nevermind what they accuse the tea partiers of doing.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,