View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 08:33 AM   #5
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
On topic, you cannot be a Christian and not believe in God, unless you want to change the meaning of words, which would render all languages redundant. Simply put a Christian is an individual who thinks Jesus was the Son of God, and is his follower, as such to believe there is no God means you are not a Christian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamqd View Post
I'm not a Christian but, I'm pretty Sure evolution isn't mentioned But thats not my Point nor my Opinion, just an example as to why these people think this way. (Sura 2:191-193)
As a devout Christian and an individual who teaches groups on Philosophy, Theology and Science, both evolution and big bang theory are facts. Those beliefs are entirely compatible with God and Christianity, infact (although I am not a Catholic) the Roman Catholic Church accepted both the Big Bang Theory into its doctrine in 1947 and its unofficial position on evolution, is theistic evolution.

As Saint Augustine said along time ago; "If you believe what you like in the gospels, and reject what you don't like, it is not the gospel you believe, but yourself".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexrd View Post
Those decisions are made by men. I don't recall any religion that promotes that (I can be wrong though).
Some verses in The Qur'an can be interpreted that way, such as...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qur'an
"And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution (of Muslims) is worse than slaughter (of non-believers) and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."
Quote:
"O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."( Sura 9:123)
Quote:
"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves" (Sura 48:29)
Peaceful religion? Depends on how you read their Holy Book, having read the whole Qur'an trust me when I say I could have a whole page of not at all peaceful quotes....

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by jonathan7; 01-10-2011 at 08:45 AM.
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,