View Single Post
Old 01-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #34
Tommycat
>^..^<

Current Game: Real Life 1.0(BETA)
Forum Veteran 
Sorry, but the freedom of the press allows those vitriolic b7's on the air in as much as the previous 8 years allowed the vitriolic spewing from the other side. Honestly just because Bill Mauer has a comedic tone does not mean that his hatefulness isn't spread. I don't really like how spite filled they are, but frankly it's not new. What we as a nation need to do is, like you and I do here, relax and realize the other side is not evil incarnate out to destroy everything we believe in. It doesn't help matters when people jump to the conclusion that a person MUST have been influenced by Palin/Rush/Savage/<Talking head of preference> every time some whack job goes out and does stupid and violent things.

And ya know what... Actual heart felt apologies might go a long way towards healing the rift. But I'm not expecting those to hit the airwaves any time soon.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." Thomas Jefferson
Tommycat is offline   you may: quote & reply,