View Single Post
Old 01-15-2011, 10:24 AM   #14
Kreia001
Rookie

Chapter 3: Uncovering the truth

I looked at the holocron in my hand, as I sat in my freighter, onward to Malachor V. From what I had learned, there was a place in the galaxy, where the dark side of the force runs strong. Revan had mentioned it in his holocron. He told he used places such as Malachor, to break and convert Jedi to his cause. It was a powerful thing he did.
Once more I activated the holocron, and a holographic avatar of Revan appeared, armored with his Dark Lord robe. I smiled when I saw him, though it was only a holocron. "It has been long since I had seen you Revan..." I whispered to myself.
I did not know what to expect on Malachor, what I would find there. It was my intention to find more Sith teachings, as I would need their knowledge. After learning from Revan's holocron, I understood why he launched a campaign on the Republic, which resulted in the Jedi Civil War, and I understood that someone would need to continue that campaign, after he was captured and turned to the light side. The holocron had taught me, that such a thing shouldn't be done directly, but from behind the shadows, taking out important key figures and planets. Revan was very successful in this, during his reign as the Dark Lord, he had taken out important key figures like the First Patriarch of Serocco and Yusanis, an famous Echani general.
Eventually the alarm that I was about to arrive at my destination went off. I switched off Revan's holocron and put it in my pocket, where I knew it would be save. I went to the control panels and punched in some buttons, and then levered the handle next to my seat. The ships left hyperspace and what I saw before me, had shocked me...

The female Twi'lek opened her eyes, as she felt someone arrive in the system. She felt the living being because life in the Malachor system was rare, and certainly of Malachor V. But there was something odd about this living being, Yuthura Ban felt that it was strong with the force. She stood up, and looked at the sky, which was constantly dark and always savaged by storms. She sighed and looked down, thinking deeply...

I saw Malachor V in front of me, and though I knew how Malachor should be looking, I was shocked. Revan's description of it was exactly the same. A giant planetoid, constantly being raged by tectonically-generated storms. I saw the numerous destroyed space ships, remains for the final battle of the Mandalorian Wars, orbiting the planetoid. I also felt, what many other force-sensitives felt as they visited this place, the power of the Dark Side was emanating strongly from Malachor V.
I continued the descend towards Malachor's surface, but it was difficult. The storms pulled my ship in every direction, eventually by ship was hit by a thunderbolt, and crashed into a flat piece of ground. I was able to remain conscious, but I felt something wet on my leg. I crawled out of the wreckage and laid myself down on the ground, which wasn't as I had expected. It felt not as sand and rock, but like marble. I looked up and saw a magnificent structure in front of me, and I knew what it was. Revan mentioned it many times in his holocron, the Trayus Academy...

Yuthura ran towards the explosion she heard. As she walked through the Malachor Depths, she saw a ship falling out of the sky, being hit by a thunderbolt and crash down near the impressive structure she found on Malachor. After a time she arrived at the crashing site, she saw a wreckage of what a few minutes earlier must have been the shuttle. Though she felt nobody die, she couldn't find the living being who came in this shuttle. After a while of examing the shuttle, she felt a trace of the living being. It felt familiar, yet she couldn't place it. She closed her eyes and followed the presence. "He or she went into the structure..." Yuthura thought. She opened her eyes, and prepared herself to enter the Trayus Academy as well...

"Dammit!" I thought as I limped through the entrance hall of the Trayus Academy. I sat down on the ground and examined my wound closer. My leg was covered in blood, and I saw the gaping wound. I used the force to heal it, and after a while, only a scar remained. I stood up and looked around. I was impressed by the academy, thought I saw some corpses laying here and there. I closed my eyes and tapped into the power of the Dark Side that was emanating from this place. I felt strong presences had left their marks behind. Revan's mark I felt the strongest, yet there were several presences which must have passed through here some time after Revan, and not so many years ago. One particularly caught my attention. I followed it, like I would see footsteps in the sand. I passed through many halls and rooms, seeing some corpses. Eventually I stood inside a room, where I felt the marks of a conflict between a strong Jedi and a powerful Sith. Eventually I saw a door, which I opened and immediately I felt an even stronger Dark Side power emanating out of there. I smiled to myself. "Finally I have found it..." I saw a marble staircase in front of me, which would take me down to the Trayus Core. I didn't hesitate and went down. As I reached the end of the staircase, and exited the cave I came out it, I saw the magnificent Trayus Core in front of me. "The innermost sanctum of the Trayus Academy..." I whispered softly. I slowly walked towards the center of the claw-like altar, and every step I made, I felt the Dark Side getting stronger, yet in the howling storm of the Dark Side, I felt something else. Like a small light in the dark. As I reached the center, I felt a presence, yet it wasn't a living presence...

Yuthura looked amazed as she entered the Trayus Academy, yet she found it difficult to control her emotions. A gulf of hatred, passion and anger fell over her. Yet in this storm, she remained serene. She closed her eyes and sat down I a meditative position, trying to control her emotions...

"So finally you have arrived, Bastila..." I heard a woman's voice saying. I looked behind me and what I saw startled me. I saw the force ghost of an elder woman. I took a few steps backwards and looked shocked at her. "W-who are you?" The force-ghost of the elder woman came a bit closer, and I felt it was the small light within the dark. "I was known by many names, but let us hold to true name." She smiled slightly to me. "I am Kreia, and I am the keeper of this place." I looked even more shocked at her as she told me her name. "Y-you are Kreia?! Revan's master?!" I said shocked. Kreia smiled a bit sad now, I saw I must have called up some memories. She then looked at me, looking a bit more serious. "Yes, Revan was my padawan, in times past, long ago. But Revan had many Masters, Zhar, Dorak, Master Kae before she left for the Mandalorian Wars." She looked down for a moment, but eventually looked up to me again. "He learned from each. But in the end, he turned back to me. When he realized there was nothing more to be learned from the Jedi - except how one could leave them forever." I looked down, trying to center myself. Memories of the past raged through my mind, and I sighed. Kreia noticed it, but didn't mention anything about it. "I know who you are, you are Bastila Shan. You were one of Revan's most trusted and beloved companions. Yet you have betrayed him, by falling to the Dark Side." Kreia came closer and stood next to me, as I turned my back to her, still trying to hide my emotions from her. "He went to the Star Forge, spared you, saved you, and you have forsaken everything he did for you, by now joining what you once feared, what you once fought against. Why?" I looked down. "He had never truly redeemed me. He just..." I sighed again. "You know we loved each other, and as he stood there, I couldn't hurt him further." I looked at Kreia, as she was listening to me. "Then more of his memories returned, he became obsessive about them, and locked him more often up in the Rakatan Temple. And then..." I stopped, I couldn't tell the truth. I couldn't tell what crime I did. "Show me..." Kreia said, and at that moment, I felt her entering my memories, and I felt the memory of that day coming up...

Bastila walked through the Rakatan temple, with her double-bladed saber in her hand. She had planned this all very carefully. Blocking her memories so he wouldn't discover her plan. Though all was proceeding well, she was afraid and nervous. As almost every day, Revan went to the Temple's central room, and locked himself up there. Bastila grew tired of it, it felt like he would betray her constantly. She tried to keep her feelings for him away.
Revan sat in his meditative position within the central room of the temple, which became his daily routine. More of his memories returned to him as each day passed. It hurt him that he left Bastila each day alone, but he had to recover his memories. The vision which he had seen hunted him already for several days. He hoped he would get back a memory, which could explain what he saw. In his vision, he saw an enormous amount of ships being constructed. Ship designs which he had never seen. And the most disturbing part was that throne room, with figure sitting in the throne. This vision disturbed him, as he felt it was something of his past, of his past as Dark Lord of the Sith.
Bastila stood in front of the closed door, the door that would lead her to her goal. She closed her eyes to prepare herself. Eventually she lifted her mental blockade and silently she entered the central room, and there Revan sat in his meditative position. "It is so easy, just do it..." Bastila thought, but her thoughts had made Revan aware of her presence. "Why have you come, is there something wrong?" He asked her. "Just do it, you have planned this for a long time, do it!" Bastila thought again. "No, not exactly." She answered to his question, switching on her lightsaber. He looked at her, and he stared into her eyes. "Don't do this, restrain yourself from the Dark Side..."Revan said. Bastila grinned dark, but in her mind she was crying, crying because she had to end the life of her hero, her savoir, her love."I shall do this quickly, my love. You shall feel no pain..." Then she saw his stance change, he submitted himself already to death, so she did it, a single cut of her lightsaber ended Revan's life. As he lay there on the ground, dead, Bastila fell on her knees and cried. Though she had planned this already from the moment they left the Star Forge, she was sad, and for the first time since then, she doubted if she had made the good choice. But after some time, after the sadness slowly faded away, she stood up, and became cold, cold as the stones of the room...

"She will destroy you..."
Kreia001 is offline   you may: quote & reply,