View Single Post
Old 01-22-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
Path-x
Rookie

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to experiment with that a little but I couldn't fix it. I think if you mute the sound based on altFire it doesn't solve the problem. I think I should find the way to remove the sound based on BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK which is mouse2 key.

Here are some prepositions from bg_pmove.c file.

line6222
Code:
if ( pm->ps->weaponstate == WEAPON_CHARGING )
	{
		// weapon has a charge, so let us do an attack
#ifdef _DEBUG
		Com_Printf("Firing.  Charge time=%d\n", pm->cmd.serverTime - pm->ps->weaponChargeTime);
#endif

// dumb, but since we shoot a charged weapon on button-up, we need to repress this button for now
		pm->cmd.buttons |= BUTTON_ATTACK;
		pm->ps->eFlags |= EF_FIRING;
	}
	else if ( pm->ps->weaponstate == WEAPON_CHARGING_ALT )
	{
		// weapon has a charge, so let us do an alt-attack
#ifdef _DEBUG
		Com_Printf("Firing.  Charge time=%d\n", pm->cmd.serverTime - pm->ps->weaponChargeTime);
#endif

// dumb, but since we shoot a charged weapon on button-up, we need to repress this button for now
		pm->cmd.buttons |= BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK;
		pm->ps->eFlags |= (EF_FIRING|EF_ALT_FIRING);
	}
This one is basically from charged weapon section. Sniper rifle belongs to this section so the tirck might be in this. The reason I brought up this code is the comment: "// dumb, but since we shoot a charged weapon on button-up, we need to repress this button for now".

line7659
Code:
if ( pm->cmd.buttons & BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK ) 	{
		//if ( pm->ps->weapon == WP_BRYAR_PISTOL && pm->gametype != GT_SIEGE )
		if (0)
		{ //kind of a hack for now
			PM_AddEvent( EV_FIRE_WEAPON );
			addTime = weaponData[pm->ps->weapon].fireTime;
		}
		else if (pm->ps->weapon == WP_DISRUPTOR && pm->ps->zoomMode != 1)
		{
		}
		else if (pm->ps->weapon == WP_BLASTER && pm->ps->zoomMode != 1)
		{
		}
Another reference to alt_attack button. Only that I already set it for WP_BLASTER too.

line8229
Code:
if ( pm->ps->weapon == WP_DISRUPTOR || pm->ps->weapon == WP_BLASTER)
	{
		if ( pm->cmd.buttons & BUTTON_ATTACK && pm->ps->zoomMode == 1 && pm->ps->zoomLocked)
		{
			// converting the main fire to an alt-fire
			pm->cmd.buttons |= BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK;
			pm->ps->eFlags |= EF_ALT_FIRING;
		}
		else if ( pm->cmd.buttons & BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK && pm->ps->zoomMode == 1 && pm->ps->zoomLocked)
		{
			pm->cmd.buttons &= ~BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK;
			pm->ps->eFlags &= ~EF_ALT_FIRING;
		}
	}
This is a segment of code within the scope script that converts alt_attack from mouse button 2 to mouse button 1 once you zoomed the scope. I included WP_BLASTER too so this works fine.

Now I think the problem is that somewhere it is set for WP_BLASTER (or perhaps all the non special weapon) that when you press BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK (mouse2) it also executes the alt_fire sound. Obviously sniper rifle does no attack sound when you are pressing mouse2 but it only does the zoomin sound. So I think I should be looking for relation between the BUTTON_ALT_ATTACK and ALT_FIRE.mp3 sound rather than relation between altFire function and ALT_FIRE.mp3 sound. AltFire function is necessary for executing sound when pressing mouse1 when scope is on so I don't think I should mess with it.

Last edited by Path-x; 01-22-2011 at 09:47 AM.
Path-x is offline   you may: quote & reply,