View Single Post
Old 02-06-2011, 11:21 PM   #16
Totenkopf
English spoken in What

Imperialist Meatbags Guild Member The Walking Carpets Guild Member Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adavardes View Post
Was this sarcasm? I really hope it was.
In a word......yes. Jmac, er I mean Bart, does like to serve up a lot of sarcasm in these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimartin View Post
I agree with you, Tommycat about responsible gun ownership. I have always advocated that the person that purchases a firearm is responsible for its use. It is time for states and the federal governments to write that into law. You buy a gun for someone that later uses that gun in a crime, then you should be held accountable for that crime. Please don’t give me that, but what if the gun was stolen. If it was stolen, then how could you be held responsible for its use? I hope people are at least smart enough to know you have to file a police report for a stolen weapon. It is also necessary to file the report to recover the cost from your homeowners/tenant homeowner’s policy.
Overall, don't really have a problem with having to register sales of weapons. Do have one caveat about the rsponsibility part. Insofar as it can be demonstrated that you bought the weapons knowing that the people were going to use them w/criminal intent (in which case you're an accessory anyway) or knowingly didn't report a stolen firearm, then there should be a penalty. If you purchase a weapon for someone who later decides to use that weapon in the commission of a crime w/o your knowing their intent (say you bought it for their self-protection or to use at a range), then no penalty should have to apply to you. If you took that for granted, then we basically agree on that issue too.

Now, I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.---Patton

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism.---Teddy Roosevelt

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception.---Groucho

And if you all get killed, I'll piss on your graves.---Shaman Urdnot

How would you like to own a little bit of my foot in your ass.---Red Foreman

Last edited by Totenkopf; 02-06-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Totenkopf is offline   you may: quote & reply,