View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #15
jonathan7
Exiled Jedi...

Contest winner - Modding LFN Staff Member Veteran Modder Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysyacha View Post
jonathan7,

*HUG* Whatever happens with me, thank YOU for being so patient and understanding and NOT telling me to "pull myself together" or whatever.
My pleasure, if I can be of any further help on this subject please let me know I'm only sorry that I can be of so little service and that events have conspired this way! It also makes me sad that your Church and some of those close to you are being a hindrance rather than a help.

Quote:
In trying to act and behave like everything's fine, I find myself dying a little bit more every day, because it's not.
I very much hope you have some friends near you who you can confide in, as to how you really feel. Though I would like to add, that if any of my friends were upset I'd rather they said so they could help. I don't know your parents, but at least for me if I expressed what you have they would want to help me, and wouldn't lecture me. Its 3am, and I have to get up for language learning in 5 hours so gonna have to go to bed, will respond when I can!

Quote:
EDIT: I just remembered something. My pastor said something like, "Maybe you lost your home or your job, and you feel like God doesn't love you, but it's not all ABOUT you. You're just putting God into your box, but if you put yourself into HIS box..."

Could that have been the emotional trigger that I've suppressed until now? I think THAT'S what set me off, more than anything.
Frankly, your pastor is talking ****. Nor do I know what box your in has to do with feeling down. Let me slightly edit what your Pastor said, in place of my cousin loosing his battle against cancer 3 years ago to point out the absurdity of his statement;

"Maybe you lost your son, and you feel like God doesn't love you, but it's not all ABOUT you. You're just putting God into your box, but if you put yourself into HIS box..."

It's utter crap, Jesus was upset with people, when Lazarus died, he was upset and was upset with those who mourned; Jesus spent his time with the broken hearted and wanted to console them, he didn't say to the widows, the orphans, the poor etc "It's not about you, your just putting the father in a box, put yourself in his".

I'll write more tomorrow, I've gotta go to bed now....

"Love is the only reality and it is not a mere sentiment. It is the ultimate truth that lies at the heart of creation." - Rabindranath Tagore

"Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth." - Kahlil Gibran

Last edited by jonathan7; 02-13-2011 at 11:00 PM.
jonathan7 is offline   you may: quote & reply,