View Single Post
Old 02-18-2011, 06:26 PM   #18
Ctrl Alt Del
Uncreative User

Current Game: Dishonored
Forum Veteran 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vada View Post
I think both are good in their own ways, and I did play K2 before K1. K2 has the darker story, while K1 is closer to the movies. K1 was much shorter, while K2 was long. Really, really, really long. K1 kept most of the old planets, while K2 introduced alot of "newer" EU ones. Though I have to say, Dxun was one of my favorite planets.
I always thought it was the other way around. Even with the restored content mods K1 always lasted longer for me. Maybe I got used to the gameplay and just finished it faster. And I'm slow gamer, especially when it comes to RPGs, which I savor more.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathan7 View Post
Yeah, I had noticed that, although knowing me as I do, even if I had played K1 first I like TSL because its much Darker and mature, I like K1, don't get me wrong, but its all nice and childy, I think TSL deals alot more with the effects of war.
That's unquestionable. K1 is clichéd, but it works. Plus, I was like 13 at the time I played it, when I still thought TPM was a good movie, so it didn't bother me much. Even now, really, I still think it's what the prequels should have been somehow. While the story was certainly not as original, it did drive further into the story. The only part I remember getting bored was the time I got stuck at the Rancor on Taris, while this happened more than a couple of times on K2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Kitty View Post
I guess when it comes right down to it, there's something to the old adage of "There's nothing like the first time."
QFT, that must be it. ^^

Inspiration

.Bioshock inspiration.
Ctrl Alt Del is offline   you may: quote & reply,