Old 02-27-2011, 01:52 PM   #1183
machievelli
Local curmudgeon

Current Game: Dungeonseige series
Hot Topic Starter Veteran Fan Fic Author Helpful! Forum Veteran 
Coruscant Entertainment Center

reflections
Chevron 7 Locke

TSL Aboard the Ebon Hawk: The Exile sees a might have been slaughter when she meditates

Like a lot of this author's work, the style is crisp and clean. Discovering at the end that she was meditating did explain a lot. Keep writing, kid.

kotorfanmedia

Light side Female Revan

The road to rediscovery
Songofamazon

Post KOTOR: The Jedi of the crew return to the temple on Coruscant

The piece is a bit dry but the situation gives us depth into the Jedi trials.

Under the Shadow of the Builders – Prologue
Songofamazon

KOTOR at Taris: The survivors of the Endar Spire regroup.

The piece starts at an odd point, the actual launch of the escape pod with our heroes. Some of the injuries that had been suffered, requiring the heroine to wake up from her injuries. There was not a lot more, but what I read was good.

Other KOTOR characters

A day in the life
Katara Ironarm

KOTOR en route to Manaan: Revan takes one fateful step

The piece is a bit fluffy, with Revan finally taking Carth to her bed. The part leading up to that act was fun because it's Revan trying to decide.

Revan;s Final Battle
Crystal001

Post KOTOR: Revan fights for Carth's life one last time.

The piece was well written, the fight a joy to read. The way the Sith died was funny; having him die while being Force tickled just too cute for words.

Pick of the Week

The Gizka Problem, Revisited
Crystal001

KOTOR en route to Manaan: Well it's one way to deal with the Gizka...

The piece is a lot of fun with Carth acting like a petulant child, Bastila dropping information ahead of time, and a barbequed mess of Gizka. What struck me as I read it was the comment by Kermit the Frog in the first Muppet movie; all those poor frogs on crutches...

Pick of the Week

Traitors in the Theater
Darkling Angel

Post KOTOR: Enemies meet in a theater.

The piece is delightfully skewed, with Bastila and Carth as the villains. The last scene, with Dustil lambasting his father for turning to the dark was choice.

Fanfiction.net

Where Is My Mind
Cantbel

Post KOTOR: Revan slides off the edge of sanity

The piece, as the author said, is not nice. It is cold, stark and unrelieved

Pick of the Week

Haunted
RowenaR

Post TSL on Citadel Station: The Exile explains to Atton why she has to leave

The piece is angst riddled, and I am happy the author commented on being a non English speaker. It kept me from lambasting her.

I for one wonder if the masters had been theorizing rather than speaking from knowledge when they describe the 'wound' they claim was there.

Not Always What it Seems
Prometheus71

Post TSL: Revan considers her last few years.

The piece was confusing. I wasn't sure if this was a reunion when Carth and Revan got together, or if the Manda'lor was there to kill him depending on which name he called her by.

Beyond the Rim
StatlerWaldorf

Post KOTOR: Revan is having visions calling her to the unknown

The piece is too short to get a good feel for it. A pity I don't have time to read further

Backwater Planet
CortessaBlatt

KOTOR no specific time given: The crew deals with the aftermath of a crash.

The piece was well done with a frantic feel to it. The acrimony between Jolee and Canderous as the Jedi worked on healing him was perfect

Pick of the Week

Prophet Thing of Evil
Yimmy-Kins

KOTOR on the Star Forge: Revan tries to protect Bastila as Malak attacks them both

The piece was excellent, with a lot of the back story explained and the attack on Bastila's mind perfect. I only had time to read the first section, and I wish I could have read it all.

Pick of the Week

'To argue with those who have renounced the use and authority of reason is as futile as to administer medicine to the dead.' Now who said that?

From the one who brought you;
What we die for...
Acceptance
KOTOR excerpts
Star Wars: The Beginning
Star Wars: Republic Dawn
Return From Exile
machievelli is offline   you may: quote & reply,