View Single Post
Old 03-07-2011, 01:56 PM   #11
Esoteric_Monk
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
@ Esoteric_Monk: I was referring to the OP.
Ha, a few hours after posting this I came to that realization.

Quote:
However, I can say with some certainty that if you are having an issue with movies with your setup, it is due to the Hack.

ZimmMaster has a helpful thread in this subforum for issues with the Widescreen hack.
That's the funny thing, with KOTOR1, the widescreen hack blew up the movies. I figured with the high res versions in KOTOR2, I should be OK. If the ZimmerMaster thread you speak of is this one, http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202242, then I've already seen it, as that's where I got my start.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what native screen resolution do you have, E_M? Would you not be better off using a native resolution from the stock game? Use one that matches the ratio that you have. I honestly have never understood the benefit to using a patched .exe - they always seem to cause more problems than they solve
My native resolution is 1650 x 1080, but there wasn't a choice for that in the stock KOTOR2. Actually, the highest res for KOTOR2 that I saw was 1024 x 768, which was surprising. If I play it at that resolution, then I have a small box in the middle of my screen to see the action; not very entertaining, as you may imagine.

Last edited by Esoteric_Monk; 03-07-2011 at 02:01 PM.
Esoteric_Monk is offline   you may: quote & reply,