View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 01:15 PM   #12
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric_Monk View Post
Ha, a few hours after posting this I came to that realization.

That's the funny thing, with KOTOR1, the widescreen hack blew up the movies. I figured with the high res versions in KOTOR2, I should be OK. If the ZimmerMaster thread you speak of is this one, http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=202242, then I've already seen it, as that's where I got my start.

My native resolution is 1650 x 1080, but there wasn't a choice for that in the stock KOTOR2. Actually, the highest res for KOTOR2 that I saw was 1024 x 768, which was surprising. If I play it at that resolution, then I have a small box in the middle of my screen to see the action; not very entertaining, as you may imagine.
Here is what I posted in my hack thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimmMaster View Post
I encounter this myself running the hack at 1920x1080 resolution. As far as I know, this is NOT caused by the hack. It is a restriction with the movies. Let me explain:

The game's movies are natively 640x480 resolution. What the movie patches do is raise the resolution up to 1600x1200. Which is the game's highest native resolution. In order to see the movie patches in game your resolution has to be at least 1600x1200. In yours and my cases, we don't meet that requirement. It is a common mistake that took me a while to figure out.

Required res: 1600x1200

Your res: 1680x1050

My res: 1920x1080

You see now? Our width values meet the requirement, but our height values do not. It sucks, yes I know, but I'm not aware of anything that can be done.

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,