Ok. So before I start, let me say I have spent 2 days, and about 6 combined hours researching this.
I figured out how to install mods on Morrowind (Took a good amoutn of time to figure that out too) and figured that the Mac port for Kotor wouldn't be hard either. I was wrong.
1. Couldn't find the override folder anywhere. As far as I could tell, the best location for it is within the KOTOR data folder.
2. Made an override folder and used a mod to get a new head skin in the game. This was ambitious as it was a male Twi'lek head, not just a re "skin" over one of the already provided meshes.
3. After constant hours, and moving the override folder around to make sure it wasn't in the wrong place I gave up. Thus ends last night.
4. Today, determined little bugger that I am, I continued my google-searches and read through a lot of threads on this board that somewhat pertained to the topic but not quite.
5. I decided that because I can't run .exe installers and I've been manually applying things, I would continue to download other Mods and see if one of them could give me ANYTHING. I found some mod, which looked amaturely done, but figured if anyone would do a mod without the installer it would be that. I downloaded it, and sure enough it was just files. I was in business. I put the items in the override folder and again begin the task of moving it, starting the game, testing, failing, moving it. Until I moved it back to the KOTOR Data folder. I then crashed the game!
Now why would crashing the game mean anything? Well, I didn't get that Mod to work, but if the game crashed because it was in the override folder, I figured that the game was IN FACT reading the override folder, and the other mods, that used the installer were missing some piece to be finished.
All this comes to say, are there any ways around the mod-installer, or a manual way to apply each of the items to folders? Like I said, I manually applied morrowind mods, and I have a fairly high knowledge of how Macs work, I just want to figure out how to play as a male Twi'lek.
For an over look of how the hierarchy works on my mac:
*Show Package Contents
_Code Signature / _MASReceipt / CodeResources (file) / Frameworks / info.plist (file) / KOTOR Data / MacOS / pkginfo / Resources
*Inside KOTOR Data file -
chitin.key (file) / data / dialog.tlk / lips / modules / movie / OVERRIDE(I placed this file here) / Patch.erf (file) / rims / streammusic / streamsounds / streamwaves / TexturePacks
Now I know this is probably ridiculously too much information but I want to be as thorough as I can so we don't spend seven posts just trying to certify that I am in fact on a Mac, and I am in fact playing Kotor, and I am NOT in fact crazy for thinking modding on a mac is actually a good idea.
Thanks to anyone that can help. I feel I've gotten close, just not close enough.