Old 03-15-2011, 05:38 PM   #38
ZimmMaster
Forumite

Current Game: SWTOR
Helpful! Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esoteric_Monk View Post
^Haha, too true.

Hey, I've got a rather strange update that actually fixed this issue! So I went into my Nvidia control panel, where you can set custom resolutions, and poked about to see if it would take the resolution of the in-game movies.

It didn't, but that wasn't too much of a surprise to me, as my monitor doesn't support it. I then just played around with some other resolutions, one of them being the highest HD res I could go: 1080p (1920 x 1080). Naturally, this doesn't look too great on a 2.1 in monitor, so I set it back to standard and went on my merry way.

The next day I log into the game and noticed the starter "movies" (the logos and such) were full size, not small. Then as I played I came to an in-game movie of the Ebon Hawk lifting off from a planet and wouldn't you know, it was full size! Well, technically not the full size of the movie, but certainly it fit my screen like a nice widescreen edition, black bars and all.

I'm not sure if this could be repeated, but I'm certain whatever I did had to have kicked something into gear. I hope this may lead you, and anyone else, on the right path.
Do you know if the movies themselves were resized? Or did you just adjust the scaling on your monitor?

~ I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
ZimmMaster is offline   you may: quote & reply,