View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:25 AM   #28
Astor
It's Thornhill!

Current Game: The Old Republic
LFN Staff Member Forum Veteran Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniVidiVicous View Post
Well I feel obliged as a European to say that this primarily about oil and not the people in Libya., the fact that Sarkozy owes Gaddafi money also comes into frances willingness to get involved imo.
If this were solely about Oil, we wouldn't be attacking Gaddafi - we'd more than likely be continuing our business deals with him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVV
I mean there's other places in Africa who need military assistance far more than Libya but these countries aren't sitting on oil so go figure.
As has been pointed out, the Libyan people asked for intervention - as far as I'm aware no other countries have asked the international community for assistance in such a manner.

Besides, is it not right that we rid the world of a man who has killed not only hundreds of his own people, but hundreds of US, UK and other citizens? And even armed terrorist groups, allowing them to kill even more people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVV
Don't take this as a pro-gaddafi post btw i'm just fed up of seeing the US invading other countries.
The French were the first to suggest a NFZ, and indeed the only country so far to recognise the Libyan Transitional Council as the legitimate government of Libya, so it's arguably their lead on this.

And it's not an invasion. It's humanitarian intervention. With cruise missiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA
I'm a little skeptical as Ghaddafi did comply with the no-nukes treaty and even bit the bullet with sanctions. Why exactly would someone, otherwise compliant with the international scene, participate in brutality? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Leopards find it very difficult to change their spots, no matter how hard they seem to be trying.

Astor is offline   you may: quote & reply,