View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #19
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Working Class Hero View Post
It's cool that the US is now at war with at least 3 nations, all of them without first being declared by congress.
I'm not sure if this one can be called a war just yet; so far it's an uprising with a UN intervention in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTA:SWcity View Post
I'm a little skeptical as Ghaddafi did comply with the no-nukes treaty and even bit the bullet with sanctions. Why exactly would someone, otherwise compliant with the international scene, participate in brutality? It just doesn't make sense to me.
Think husbands who engage in domestic violence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeniVidiVicous View Post
Well I feel obliged as a European to say that this primarily about oil and not the people in Libya., the fact that Sarkozy owes Gaddafi money also comes into frances willingness to get involved imo.
While it seems to be safe thing to say, I'm not entirely sure how this will work, since no UN troops will setting foot on Libyan soil (unless they eject or crash).

Quote:
I mean there's other places in Africa who need military assistance far more than Libya but these countries aren't sitting on oil so go figure.
I honestly can't think of an African country that has more need of military assistance than Libya at the moment. I'd really prefer to hear that the UN is stepping into Libya than to hear that Libyans are getting slaughtered by Qaddafi while their calls for help are falling on deaf ears.

Quote:
Don't take this as a pro-gaddafi post btw i'm just fed up of seeing the US invading other countries.
As has been mentioned before, this is neither US-led nor an invasion.

Yet.

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,