View Single Post
Old 03-24-2011, 10:47 AM   #42
Sabretooth
鬼龍院皐月

Quote:
Originally Posted by urluckyday View Post
But then you have to wonder why the US has to send so much food and medical aid to North Korea. They're the most isolated country in the world, and I'm sure the people would love to join the rest of the world in the 21st Century.
North Korea is actually pretty good with infrastructure development - a lot of people there enjoy decent quality of life, lack of freedoms notwithstanding. What I mean is, I'd hardly consider them as a country lacking far behind the 21st Century. I do wonder why the US sends food/medical aid to NK, though...

Quote:
There was that "inside North Korea" TV documentary on just a little while ago and while there was a large group of people sitting and essentially "praying" to their leader's picture, you could see OBVIOUS fear and restraint. You could tell that they wanted to speak up, but they valued life more than that.
Welp, OBVIOUS fear and restraint doesn't make for good diplomacy. China should might as well invade the US citing the American people are divided between two major political camps and are OBVIOUSLY unhappy about things post-recession. Excuse me, I just got a call from the Communist Party...

Quote:
Just because someone supported a leader years ago doesn't mean that they turned out well and treated his/her supporters right. Just look at Idi Amin or the obvious, Adolph Hitler, and you'll see this.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primogen View Post
Does it count as a war when they're equipped with little more than 40-year old Soviet tech?
I think there were are a couple of wars going on already that fit the bill...

Sabretooth is offline   you may: quote & reply,