Thread: [Fic] Just keep Running
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2011, 01:38 PM   #11
Chevron 7 locke
Peace and Sanity

Current Game: The Old Republic
Roleplayer Forum Veteran 
((Sorry for the delay, Chapter 4 is here. ))

Mission and Zaalbar looked at each other as Shiyra finished speaking. "...And in the end I decided to head for unknown space so I could find Revan to help him fight this unknown threat. But in the end I couldn't find him. I was running low on fuel and Atton kept telling me that unknown space was no place to raise a child."

Mission raised her eyebrows. "So...that baby in the security room...it's yours?"

Shiyra nodded. "Her name is Arina and the man who attacked us on Nar Shaddaa managed to kill her father on Dantooine, Atton may have died...but he managed to buy us enough time for us to get to the Hawk and destoy his ship. But somehow he managed to get another ship and track us to Nar Shaddaa."

Shiyra's eyes began to fill with tears. "I think...now that I managed to get you two involved in this you deserve to hear the whole story."

Flashback

"It looks like we've got about five hours before we reach known space again." Atton Rand said as he hit a series of buttons on the console in front of him. "I've set the Hawk on auto-pilot until we reach known space again."

He reached over to Arina who was being held by her mother and gently patted her on the head. Ariana responded by giggling happily. Atton looked down at her and smiled. "I think the best thing I like about her is that unlike her mother, she thinks that I'm actually funny."

Shiyra laughed and pulled Atton closer to her. "Rest assured, her mother does think your funny, she just chooses not to laugh at some of your jokes since some of them set bad examples for Arina."

Atton grinned as he remembered some of the things that he had done to amuse his daughter. "I'm able to make her laugh and thats all that counts. You have to admit, I'm able to calm her down when she cries too."

Shiyra smiled and mockingly shook her fist at Atton. "I'll give you that. But-"

Shiyra was cut off as the Ebon Hawk suddenly shook violently and Shiyra was just about thrown out of her chair as the Hawk dropped out of hyperspace.

Atton quickly hit a series of buttons and the Hawk came to a stop and he swore violently. "Some kind of interdiction field just pulled us out of hyperspace! And we've got a ship incoming!"

Shiyra quickly ran to the security room and gently placed Arina in the left-hand corner of the room where her playpen was. She leaned down and kissed her daughter gently on the head. "Don't worry...everything is going to be alright." She said quietly as she ran back to the cockpit. She didn't even turn to look at Atton as she powered up the quad-lasers. "Whats our status?" She asked as she tried to get a lock on the ship which was somehow able to evade the targeting lock.

"We can't jump to hyperspace because of the interdiction field. And that ship out there hasn't taken any shots at us yet...Hold on. transmission coming in from the fighter.

"Patch it through."

"Ah...it seems that all that waiting paid off. It seems that I've managed to catch an exile and a fool."

At the sound of the voice both Shiyra and Atton looked up through the cockpit windows just in time to see the mysterious ship move directly in front of them.

"That voice..." Shiyra said in confusion, "Mical? What are you doing out here? And how did you know that we were coming back?"

"I'm afraid I can't answer that...No...not right now. But I think I should let you know...that there is nowhere for you to hide. Not anymore."

Shiyra's face took on a look of panic as the fighter in front of them darted away and vanished from view. "Atton! Keep tracking that fighter! And try and get us out of the interdiction field."

The Hawk shook as the fighter came in on their left side and began firing, moving out of the way as the Ebon Hawk's powerful quad lasers returned fire, barely missing the fighter.

"How soon until we're out of the interdiction field?" Shiyra shouted over the sound of laser blasts hitting the hull. "We're almost out now!" Atton shouted back. "Ten more seconds...five more seconds...we're out!"

Shiyra could hear her baby crying in the security room but she knew that if she left her post there was every possibility that Mical could destroy the Hawk before she could get back.

Sorry Arina...I swear I'll be back there once we get out of this.

Atton entered a quick series of commands into the nav computer and then pulled back the lever and the Ebon Hawk vanished into hyperspace. Shiyra breathed a sigh of relief.

Atton looked over at her and shook his head. "What the kark was that about?"

"I don't know Atton...I really don't. I'm going to go back and check on Arina. So...where are we heading?"

Atton didn't look up as he continued entering commands into the computer. "I thought we could head to Onderon. I figure the queen owes you one since you managed to save her from General Vaklu."

Shiyra nodded. "Good call." She said as she ran back toward the security room.

End Flashback

Shiyra was interupted by the sound of crying and she sighed. She didn't like talking about what happened and her daughter needed her right now.

"I'll tell you the rest later. Right now I just want to spend some time with my little girl." She said quietly as she walked toward the security room.

Mission looked over at Zaalbar as Shiyra left the room and shook her head. "We need to help her Zaalbar. Right now it's just her and her kid with a psycho dark jedi after her. I just wouldn't feel right about leaving her alone."

Zaalbar nodded in agreement. "I agree. I would not say this to her face but I think between running and taking care of a child she could use all the help she could get."

Mission smiled at Zaalbar. "That's what I like about you Zaalbar. You and I think so alike."

((End of Chapter. I plan to include more flashbacks in the next few chapters.))
Chevron 7 locke is offline   you may: quote & reply,