Thread: [KOTOR] Visual Enhancement 2012
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 12:38 PM   #7
Liverandbacon
I'm only worth a piano?

Forum Veteran LF Jester Folder extraordinaire 
To be 100% honest, I didn't really like previous KOTOR VEs. Aside from art style differences (which are completely subjective, so everyone will have a different opinion), a lot of the textures seemed to clash, not align well, etc. I opened this thread assuming I would see more of the same, and remain totally disinterested.

I was wrong.

From the shots you've posted, it looks to me like my technical complaints are mostly, if not entirely, gone. The textures tend to 'fit' together, and look well aligned. While I'm still not a fan of the art style of some of the textures (some seem cartoonish, others straight out of TRON, which while cool doesn't feel Star Wars-ish to me), that's very much a matter of personal taste, not an actual problem with the mod.

In fact, for the first time, I actually really like lot of the retextures you've done, and because one can pick and mix which of your textures to use, I can use them without using the ones I don't want to. Great job, I'm glad I looked at this thread.

edit: upon looking at some of the videos you've posted, I'm liking this even more. Quite a few things that looked 'off' in screenshots actually look good when the game's running. I especially like Kashyyk and Tatooine.

--Too Dumb to Quit--

Last edited by Liverandbacon; 04-09-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Liverandbacon is offline   you may: quote & reply,