Thread: [KOTOR] Visual Enhancement 2012
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #8
Xarwarz
Forumite

Veteran Modder 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverandbacon View Post
To be 100% honest, I didn't really like previous KOTOR VEs. Aside from art style differences (which are completely subjective, so everyone will have a different opinion), a lot of the textures seemed to clash, not align well, etc. I opened this thread assuming I would see more of the same, and remain totally disinterested.

I was wrong.

From the shots you've posted, it looks to me like my technical complaints are mostly, if not entirely, gone. The textures tend to 'fit' together, and look well aligned. While I'm still not a fan of the art style of some of the textures (some seem cartoonish, others straight out of TRON, which while cool doesn't feel Star Wars-ish to me), that's very much a matter of personal taste, not an actual problem with the mod.

In fact, for the first time, I actually really like lot of the retextures you've done, and because one can pick and mix which of your textures to use, I can use them without using the ones I don't want to. Great job, I'm glad I looked at this thread.
Thanks ill agree my past kotor attempts have been ambitious and not well thought out. But with experience and listening to some feed back i think i nailed it pretty close this time. It is a matter of a persons view but i tried to balance the line between to cluttered and to plain so hopefully it will be good enough.

USE MY MOD IN ANY MOD
xediixarwarz.com

NEXTGEN PICZ
Show spoiler
Xarwarz is offline   you may: quote & reply,