Thread: MMO VS Kotor
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
starkiller1157
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astor View Post
If KotOR is an era in itself, then it would only cover the comics and the two games, and nothing beyond that.

And even then, it's part of the Old Republic Era, which had been the name for the time period even before KotOR was released.
They're only now calling it the Old Republic Era, so whatever.

Quote:
Why, exactly?.
Because we're dealing with an entire galaxy here. Negotiations between a few countries in our own world are much easier then hundreds of thousands of planets. The creators aren't taking in the political factor.

Quote:
I haven't see the Egyptians periodically redesign the Pyramids, after all.
Actually there is the Old, Middle and New Kingdom, culture ways and designs did change. I've done plenty of Egyption research most of my life. You can see the various designs in temple building throughout their reign.

Quote:
Star Wars is so unrealistic compared to our own universe it doesn't make sense that it must take cues from our own history.
Then how exactly do people get ideas for their fictional worlds if not taking examples from our own??? Star Wars is very much like our own, its just colored differently and set in a futuristic time. You have to look past these to see that.

"I've got a bad feeling about this!"
starkiller1157 is offline   you may: quote & reply,