Old 04-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #3
Nvenom
Rookie

Current Game: Kotor
Helpful! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qui-Gon Glenn View Post
This is an interesting post.

My question is this: Is this necessary or helpful at this point?

For a massive mod that is not concerned at all with compatibility with other people's mods, then perhaps this makes sense. 'Twas the case with TSLRP and finally TSLRCM, but those mods are massive... and I am not even sure in the case of TSLRCM, as it seems to behave well with other mods for the most part...

My reason for asking is this, Nvenom... are you aware that the TSLPatcher does all of this for us while ensuring updating/patching the vanilla game files that are "patchable"?

I ask this because it does not appear in any of your hidden segments, what would occur in the case where a file from your installer is named the same as a file that already exists? The .2da files we edit and include in our mods are changed by almost everyone, thus they must be patched and not over-written, as it seems your little proggy would do.

The other mildly disturbing thing is the trojan-horse icon used by your installer. I personally would not use any installer that had that little horsey on it, and I am savvy enough to know that not all .exe's wearing that emblem are trojans. Nevertheless, it is a negative connotation.

All that said, it is a nice idea, and thank you for your post.
Thx for the response i guess... as to my Post i stated why i did it in the first Bit, I could not find a single Installer that gave options, were i to release my mod it would have consisted of 12 tslpatcher .exe's and been around 200 mb's... not to mention that i also tried to focus on how this is mostly for skinners not people going all out with full blown models that consist of editing Files rather than just replacing them

As to the Trojan horse thing, not much i can say really because i dont think its a horse on there icon, more of a dog. Anywho, Segment for .2da editing added at the end.
For those of you who dont trust an icon with a dog on it... Change it...

Here is the Code
Show spoiler

Last edited by Nvenom; 04-10-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Nvenom is offline   you may: quote & reply,